Cashback vs free legals - mortgage broker, Deal Direct advises on the pros and cons.
As a leading UK mortgage broker, Deal Direct sees all kinds of offers that lenders include in their home-loan packages.
Two of the most popular that are seen in abundance throughout the market are the inclusion of a free legal service with the deal or the inclusion of cashback.
Pros of free legal services:
- It’s free!
- Lender includes the service as a benefit of the mortgage package.
- You don’t have to find a solicitor yourself.
- No choice is given regarding which conveyancing firm to work with.
- Neither the quality or level of service can be guaranteed without impartial advice.
So, if you are being offered a free legal service that is included in the mortgage package from your chosen lender, do you have to take it or are other options available?
Cashback is a popular benefit that a huge number of lenders include with their mortgage ranges.
Pros of cashback:
- A sum of the money you have already paid is refunded upon completion.
- Cashback amounts are steadily increasing with many exceeding £1000.
- Cashback amount could cover what independent solicitors charge for their legal services.
- Cashback is the same amount charged in fees by the lender, which means no real gain for the buyer.
Alternative options are always available with mortgages and they should always be explored. Comparing deals can help you make a better choice and select a mortgage that’s takes a one-stop-shop approach, is more affordable or is more flexible, depending on what it is you are looking for.
Mortgage broker, Deal Direct offer impartial advice on financing your home. We’ll compare all suitable deals for you and assist you in finding a mortgage that suits you perfectly.