Spring into mortgage hunting with independent broker Deal Direct.
As spring traditionally brings a renewed interest in the housing market, mortgage broker, Deal Direct, is here to help you.
Now could be the best time this year to source a new mortgage for several reasons:
- House prices have fallen slightly (according to the ONS).
- Record low mortgage rates are still available.
- A further rise in the base rate has not yet occurred.
- Inflation has dropped slightly.
Summer could see house prices beginning to increase again, squeezing affordability. Further impact could be made by:
- the continuing economic uncertainty caused by Brexit
- the threat of further rises in the base rate
- fluctuations in swap rates making mortgages more costly for providers
- corresponding rises in mortgage rates as lenders pass on the costs
The uncertainty that abounds in the market at the moment may have encouraged you to wait and see what happens. The danger here is that you could be missing great mortgage opportunities that are available to you now and may disappear later.
However, seeking qualified advice from us now helps to strengthen your position. This way you will know how much you can borrow or remortgage for, what products are currently available and what lending criteria you need to satisfy. This is particularly useful if you are a first time buyer as we’ll help you every step of the way to obtain an agreement in principle.
House-hunt with confidence by consulting with independent mortgage broker, Deal Direct.